Job Title: Event Marketing Assistant
This is a great opportunity for someone looking to join an exciting and expanding media business. You are a proactive and self-motivated professional, who takes on tasks and challenges with enthusiasm and expertise.
The key responsibilities for this role centre on supporting the Event Marketing Manager to drive sponsorship and exhibitor lead generation and delivery, engagement and marketing support across all Briefing Media Agriculture events.
This role is focussed on:
- Working with the events sales team to support exhibition and sponsorship deliverables across both new and existing events.
- Lead generation activities for sponsorship and exhibition teams
- Engagement with existing sponsors and responsibility for content creation/acquisition
- Work with Event Marketing Exec to update social media presence across all relevant platforms for all events.
- Database creation and maintenance
Marketing and Communications
- Production of brochures, flyers and other communication materials.
- Preparing briefs for production of all types of marketing collateral.
- Copy writing and image sourcing.
- Set up and implementation of email campaigns
- Work with Event Marketing Exec to update day to day social media activity - focusing on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn to support sales activities
- Design & creation of appropriate social media content.
- Research new social media platforms, including competitor activity monitoring as well as sourcing new measurement tools.
- Use of multiple digital marketing channels to promote events.
- Ensure brand consistency across all BM events within the agricultural portfolio.
- Work closely with the Marketing Manager to ensure all sponsorship and exhibition agreements are delivered as specified in contracts.
- Work with the Event Marketing Manager to promote, deliver and measure the success of marketing campaigns pre, during & post event.
- Provide administrative support for event enquiries and event exhibitors.
- Help to deliver agreed sponsor & exhibitor initiatives.
- Attend events as required.
- Ensuring all sponsorship and exhibitor website content is regularly updated.
- Ensure deadlines are met when launching events.
- Accurate recording of all marketing activity undertaken with dates.
- Work with the Marketing Manager to create marketing plans.
- Supporting the creation of post-event analysis reports which measure sales and marketing effectiveness by channel.
- Code invoices and keep accurate records of all costs incurred against relevant codes.
- Ensure marketing spend is managed effectively and in accordance with budgets
Skills and Experience:
- Previous experience in a marketing assistant role or similar role
- Experience in working in events is desirable but not essential
- Good working knowledge of Adobe (e.g. In Design & Photoshop)
- Excellent organisational skills
- Understanding of data and creating databases
- Copywriting and editing skills desirable
- A calm, collected and positive attitude
- A good working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a great team player
- Superb attention to detail and focus on quality
- Proactive, well organised and able to work autonomously while dealing with a varied workload
- Results focused
- Communicating, influencing and relationship building
- Forward planning
- The job is based in the Preston office.
- Basic hours of work are 9 – 5 Monday to Friday.
- Occasional trips away from home may be required.
- Free life assurance and eligibility for a contributory pension scheme after a qualifying period, child care vouchers and an assisted ride to work bicycle scheme
- 25 days’ holiday pa, rising to 27 days after 2 years’ service
- Initial probationary period of three months
- Opportunity for rapid advancement and personal growth
The position is a full time role and offers a competitive salary and excellent package.
Please email your CV along with a covering letter to Nichola Bell