Position: Digital Marketing Executive - Membership
Reporting to: Marketing Manager
Briefing Media - the biggest media company in the agriculture market - is seeking a commercially driven individual with the desire to succeed in a digital marketing environment. The focus of the role is to grow membership volumes and revenues for Farmers Guardian via digital channels.
The role requires a talented marketing executive seeking to make a big impact in our business. With responsibility for the planning and execution of email, social media and PPC campaigns, the candidate will not only be creative but also have a sound analytic skills and be able to crunch through data.
You’ll be working on growing the membership base of Farmers Guardian – one of the biggest and well respected weekly magazines in British farming. The overall goal of the position is to convert traditional news trade readers into becoming subscribers. Then convert these readers into members who engage with the on and offline portfolio.
- Learn to explain what a digital customer journey is and how it relates to business goals
- Suggest the correct channels to use per ‘funnel’ stage and make a “picklist” of the most appropriate channels to use per campaign
- Map out customer journeys covering off the current touch points that customers are exposed to
- Review current customer journey & discuss gaps which currently exist
- Turn visitors and registered users of FGInsight.com into FG subscribers/members
- Employ A/B testing throughout their campaigns
- Understand engagement cycles – from transactional message to welcome programmes
- Introduce digital renewal programmes
- Be excited by database marketing - get geeky with data and be able to pull out teachings and learning from your analysis
You will be required to:
- Commit to a self-learning plan of each digital platform they have at their disposal
- Be enthusiastic and motivated to keep up with digital marketing trends and enthuse those around them
- Dive deep into data and update key weekly and monthly KPIs
- Spot promotional opportunities to promote to target audience
- Be willing to be set marketing activity schedules, targets and be judged on results
- Produce captivating creative work in line with the brand consistency guidelines
- Get excited to try things out and not be afraid to dig around a system to understand how to get the best from it
- Be able to analyse database records and lines of data to help spot potential trouble-spots
- Work within the wider team to deliver the inter and cross-departmental marketing projects
You will be:
- An excellent communicator – to tell everyone how well your campaigns have worked!
- Great with Excel and data – you need to know how to cleanse and dedupe data, use pivots, and manage and understand data
- Experienced in email marketing - be able to demonstrate proven learning from campaigns which have both worked and failed
- Have Pay Per Click experience with a background in either driving sales or generating leads
- Understand the importance of continuous testing to derive what works best per each platform
- Able to work under pressure – when the hammer is down you’ll be focussing on the tasks that make the biggest and most immediate impact
- Able to see the bigger picture and be the guardian of the detail
You’ll be passionate about marketing and want a career, not a job